Access to the resources of the MSKC is easy. Please follow these three steps:
1) Complete and return the MSKC User Access form.
2) Request lab and building access.
3) Request access to the Equipment Reservations calendar.
You can find a complete checklist, along with other common questions, in the FAQ.
1) User Access Form
- You can download, complete, and return the User Access Form to MSKC staff by email to MSKC staff (Daniel Fernandez and Corey Liu).
- New users are advised to meet with MSKC staff to discuss their projects and needs.
2) Lab and Building Access
- Lab and building access will be requested to be added to your Stanford ID card after receipt of complete user access form and verification of safety training.
- Important Note: The card readers in the SEQ (Science and Engineering Quad) require updated ID cards. Please visit the ID Card Swap page for more information.
- New MSKC users are advised to meet with MSKC staff to discuss project and MSKC needs.
3) Equipment Reservations Calendar
- The calendar is to let members of the MSKC community know that you are intending to use a given instrument. It is NOT a replacement for the paper sign up forms, which you sign after each use.
- Questions regarding MSKC equipment reservations can be directed to the MSKC staff. If you cannot login to the calendar your MSKC registration details are likely out of date. Please contact Corey Liu to get this fixed.
- Fees associated with the use of the MSKC facilities are to recover costs, most notably service contracts.
- You can check MSKC fees by clicking on the link below. Any question regarding our fees, please contact the MSKC Staff.
Commercial User Access
- The MSKC provides instrumentation, support facilities, and technical assistance for research and education-related activities. As part of its mission of education, research and public service, the MSKC may provide services to third parties.
- We are interested in establishing links with our industrial colleagues and interested parties are encourage to contact the MSKC staff for more information.
- Commercial users will incur indirect costs (IDC). IDC's allow Stanford University to recover certain expenses not covered through user fees.
- Commercial users are required to complete both the Commercial Agreement and Commercial User Agreement below.